Friday, September 12, 2008
A blog I Forgot to Post
Today's blog is a blog I meant to post mid-July, but forgot. I stumbled across some pretty serious pictures that I thought I should share before July 2009.
Anyway, I was with the family (wife and daughter, and my parents) at my parent's lakehouse. Good times were had.
Then I was stung by what felt like a white-hot poker. Twice. In the arm.
There isn't a summer that goes by that I am not stung by something, so you know I am not exaggerating when I tell you this was extremely painful. In my experience, most bee/wasp/hornet stings feel like a hard pinch. In fact, earlier that day I was stung by a bee (I stepped on it) and I thought that I had just stepped on a rock. This felt like someone jabbed me with a icepick. Twice. In the arm.
I didn't get a good look at it because I jumped in the nearby water to avoid further carnage. Then Cooper jumped in.
Then came the swelling:
Soak it in people. At first glance, it doesn't look that bad. But it is. It was very hurty.
Also, please soak in the irony of me wearing a shirt with a hornet on it.
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
I understand lableing the location of the utinsils, coffee filters, and creamer ....
....but did you have to label the can opener?
Labels: work stories