Thursday, September 22, 2005

Let's all be good consumers

If there is one thing I love in this world, it is getting a good deal. When I get a good deal, I feel elated. When it comes time to make a purchase, I make sure I am well informed. I research the product and make sure it the best I can get for the money. I did this on a tub of margrine the other day. just kidding. I do it on big purchases, or even small, if there is info out there. If I go to the store and I am thinking buying something that I think I might not actually like that much, I buy it anyway and take it back if I don't like it. I am doing that will a pillow very soon. (only slept on twice with pillowcase) . This was a $12 pillow. I bought lunch for that much today (for wife too). Now that is being a good consumer people.

I will spend hours hunting for a good deal, but many times I take big risks on places like ebay and get junk. this is how I feel about ebay:

ebay is horseshit.

ebay has revolutionized commerse in the united states. It has enabled grandmas with little computer acumen to hock their grandma-wares. It has grown from a digital hole-in-the wall, to a marketplace where (I would guess) almost everyone who does internet shopping goes. Anyone can do it and it empowers consumers with the right to sell brand-new stuff to make some money, or their old junk. It allows people to buy and sell collectors items and other rarities. it has allowed people to easily start their own ebusinesses. What a GREAT PLACE! yet, as my best-blog-buddy bleach (how is that for alliteration?) has mentioned to me, if you get ripped off, all you can do is give them bad feedback. I bought a laptop on ebay and it had a broken battery. what did i do? After many pleas with him and terse emails back and forth the worst I did was give the guy bad feedback. wowie zowie! that cleared everything up. This is probably the 3rd time I have been dooped...

Yet, I can't stop from going.

Can you see how big of a problem ebay is to me? I invest all this time into researching a product to make sure I get what i am looking for, and I get burned. I guess I expect people on ebay to have the same customer service that you would find at Target or Best Buy. I go to it with that expectation and I get whooped. I am so blind. It is like some kind of cursed forest that lures me in with low prices and convincence. I skip through the forest enchanted by all of the wonderful birds, flowers, and fruit. But when I eat one of the delicous apples from the tree they contain some kind of aweful worms that work their way into my wallet and abscond with my cash. Then the birds gang-peck my most tender of areas and the flowers mock me.

Damn ebay!

This day marks a new era where I no longer go to ebay! say it with me:

"DOWN WITH EBAY! UP WITH HOPE!"

lets all share some experiences that we have had on ebay. (leave a comment below)

Comments:
this has nothing to do with ebay. you are crazy mister.
 
I always am warning about that place, dear...one day you shall listen and hear me :)
 
Flordia is known to be the hottest state in the country.

GREAT BLOG, I crisscrossed with it while surfing the inmorfation super highway.

On a related note. I have a site about shaving my ass that will interest you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?