Thursday, December 01, 2005

pets

pets are silly creatures.

I love to sing to my pets. they love it too.

It is a good way to pass the time whilst doing stuff around the house, and they are a great audience. I usually take a song, and keep the tune but ad-lib the lryics to suit the animal i am singing to. i usually try to put their names in the songs, they like that.

for instance just recently i was singing the song "Mindy"*, but subsitituted in Cooper's name.

how fun!

I want to be clear here, I don't sit them down and make eye contact while belting out some song, I usually just sing around them when i am makign dinner, or breakfast. This started about a year ago when i would sing to my kitty Blaise, who loved it. you see, Blaise Loved everything. I could slap this cat right on his belly fat and he would love the hell out of it. He liked it when i talked to him, so eventually it turned into me singing to him.

its funny how slowly a neruosis like this evolves.

of course, Blaise went to live with Bleach, (the second kitty i have lost) and now i just sing to Cooper. Cooper is also a very happy pup,(and glamerous) although I doubt he cares I am singing. All he seems to care about is if i have a handful of cheetoes or not. However, it is a good way to spend some otherwise boring activity and have some interaction with your doggie. (see this link for how to liven up grocery shopping!)

besides, i need to interact with him somehow! since i have a strict "no petting" stance, this is the only way he gets any attention.

*update: I was just told the real name to this song is "Mandy".

just for fun, here is a cute picture of cooper playing with a remote control robot.

Comments:
He really does sing these incredibly silly songs to the animals in his life...not his wife, fortunately...but I have a feeling his daughter will get a few here and there! :)
 
Since I read this I decided to try out singing on Blaise. It has worked out well. He purrs and rubs his face on my face. This morning I woke up and he was asleep on the top of my head.
 
Congratulations!!! Steve told me you had a beautiful, healthy baby girl.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?