Wednesday, December 14, 2005

random hooie, reply from sen. bayh

I have the following to report:

today I called my daughter (almost 2 weeks old) a "Fussy-Bussy". I have been saying all kinds of gay slogans like that since she was born.

me and the wife have a pretty good system when it comes to looking after our bundle-of-joy. We have it going to where if my wife needs to sleep in, or get extra sleep at night, she pumps (she is breast-feeding) some milk and puts it in a bottle for me. We do this at least once every night, so I stay up until 12 or 1 am to feed alex, and my wife can go to sleep early. Then she feeds her at night a bunch straight from the source. Last night was the first time that I had to feed alex every time she was hungry. Holy cow! She is a fatty! She wanted to eat like every 2 hours.

What a fatass.

But seriously I have enjoyed fathership thus far. We are all having a good time and I am really enjoying taking some time off school and the lab and spending it with my wife and new bundle-of-joy.

Update: her poops have changed from black oatmeal to brown watered-down cottage cheese (small curd). they are much easier to handle. you should have seen the black oatmeal stuff. It was horrible! it was slathered from her belly button downward. it looked like someone dunked her ass in molasses.

my best-homey sassmouth started a blog, called "dynamite skills", it is on my link bar on the right. It turns out he is using “dynamite” as a adjective and not as a noun.

I thought I had a water leak in my house, because my water bill doubled for november. So, i have spent a lot of time trying to diagnose the source. Long story short, I went into the crawlspace to try to find it. If you have ever been in any house’s crawlspace, you know that is the worst place in the house. The good news is that I didn’t have a leak, I just have been using a lot of water lately.

So I got that going for me.

I didn’t see any creatures, but I was ultra-paranoid and I got some cobwebs in my hair, mouth, and down my pants. Actually I did see some mice but they were in a postmortem state.

They tasted terrible.

Cooper had some very glamorous headshots done, his portfolio is looking pretty impressive these days.

I just found out that my lab is approved for a protocol that has held me up for about a month. This is great news, as my thesis work has been at a stand-still for that long waiting for one final experiment. My thesis paper is nearly done. I just have to add the results of that experiment, do some simple formatting, dot some t’s, cross some i’s, bada-bing, bada-boom. I paid an old student of mine $100 to format it for me. That was sweet b/c formatting is a waste of my life. I think it will be about 250 pages when I am done. About 100 pages of that is code, but that is still serious business. before this i am sure my longest paper was about 40 pages. Then my defense in January, which I am sure will sap all of my man-strength. please pray, chant, or think about me when this happens.

Being married has many merits. I have only bought one item for anyone for Christmas this year, yet we are done Christmas shopping. Thank you, dear.

I got a reply from Senator Bayh regarding my concern about the avian flu (it is below). About 3 days after I wrote a letter to him (and wrote this blog), I found out that S.1821 was passed (maybe altered some before being passed).

anyway, check it out:

Dear Friend:
Thank you for contacting me regarding avian influenza. I appreciate hearing your thoughts and share your concerns. Leading experts believe it is only a matter of time before this deadly disease reaches the United States. Like you, I think we must take steps now to prevent and prepare for a possible avian flu pandemic.

Avian flu poses a critical danger to our country, which is why I have been working in the Senate for some time to improve our nation's preparedness for a future pandemic. On February 15, 2005, I reintroduced legislation I first proposed with bipartisan support after the 2003 flu season to address the influenza vaccine shortage in a comprehensive manner and break the vaccine shortage and delay cycles we have been experiencing for four out of the last six years. This bill, S. 375, the Flu Protection Act of 2005, would establish a flu vaccine public awareness campaign with education and outreach efforts, ensure a sufficient supply of the vaccine is available, encourage more companies to manufacture flu vaccines in the United States, and require the Department of Health and Human Services to develop contingency plans for the distribution of vaccinations in the case of a pa! ndemic. The bill also includes $150 million per year for five years to fund research into new technologies and requires the development of a protocol to prevent, prepare for, and respond to a potential future pandemic.

On September 29, 2005, I cosponsored an amendment to the Fiscal Year (FY) 2006 Department of Defense Appropriations Act to set aside $3.9 billion in emergency funds to prevent and prepare for a potential avian flu pandemic. The amendment provides funding for global surveillance, increase domestic vaccine manufacturing capacity, improving state and local public health preparedness, risk communication with the public, and stockpiling of anti-virals and medical supplies. The Senate adopted this amendment by voice vote.

In addition, on October 5, 2005, I joined a number of my Senate colleagues in introducing comprehensive legislation to prepare the nation for an avian flu outbreak. S. 1821, the Pandemic Preparedness and Response Act, would, among other provisions, create a new Director of Pandemic Preparedness and Response to coordinate federal pandemic flu efforts, provide funding to produce, develop, and distribute a vaccine for avian flu, and strengthen our public health infrastructure. The bill also incorporates several components of the Flu Protection Act to improve our vaccine manufacturing capacity.

S. 375 has been referred to the Senate Finance Committee, while S. 1821 has been referred to the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee. Rest assured, I will continue my work to improve this nation's preparedness for an avian flu pandemic.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope the information I have provided is helpful. My website, http://bayh.senate.gov, can provide additional details about legislation and state projects, and you can also sign ‑up to receive my monthly e ‑newsletter, The Bayh Bulletin, by clicking on the link at the top of my homepage. I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues important to you.


Sincerely,Evan Bayh

Comments:
I totally know what you mean about the baby poop! My nephew was the same way. Congratulations on the new baby.
 
That's quite a big blog with loads of info on many topics. I can think of many comments but I'll be brief instead. You obviously have a fabulous wife ... end of pregnancy to giving birth to two-week old baby and ALL THE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING IS DONE?!?! For HER you should get a coupon for dinner any damn place she likes, along with gift cert for a manicure and pedicure and a back rub and much much butt kissings and thank you dears.

On the other hand, I get the feeling you are a dandy husband and will be a way-good dad ... e.g. crawling in crawl spaces and doing dooty duty. Plus being smart enough to write a thesis AND smart enough not to format the thing yourself. quite wise, very impressive.

Possibly we could share an alcoholic beverage someday and I could learn more about you and the fam. I'm buying. Hopefully multiple rounds.

The only real problem is that in your political grid you landed right smack (there's THAT word) on the right eyeball of John Kerry. That worries me some. But not that much. Fodder for conversation, to be sure.

I'm very glad you are conversing with the elected representatives. I have been doing better in this area myself. However, when I was your age my head was so far up my butt I doubt if I knew who was president.

So much for being brief.
 
I like this goostermon! Who are you? Your Christmas present suggestions for the "fabulous" wife are much appreciated :) Truth be told, I did most of the Christmas shopping while waiting for the baby to arrive! But still?! That still counts, right?! I wrapped them all too! All by myself! I bought for over 20 family members and most get multiple gifts! :) damn, i'm good :)
but tim is too :)
 
goose, please to explain "there's THAT word"

in this sentence:

The only real problem is that in your political grid you landed right smack (there's THAT word) on the right eyeball of John Kerry.

speaking of that, i wouldn't get to caught up in that, because of the size of his head. if they would have done that grid in proportion to people's actual head size he would have covered the whole grid. :) heh heh

i was surprised to see that john kerry was so moderate. that is surprising considering he was accused as being "the most libral senator" and "more libral than ted kennedy" and such. weird.



also, i will have to take you up on some beer someday. I think last time we saw each other we were eating lunch with your son at that delightful chinese place on grant line.

and yes, my wife is wonderful, but for many other reasons than taking care of christmas gifts.
 
It's hard to find information on avian flu latest pandemic on the internet that is as accurate as yours. I had came across avian flu latest pandemic that actually explains avian flu latest pandemic in more depth. Cheers.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?