Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Movies to not finish

Howdie-lee-doodily,

lately I have been hating a lot of movies. I have recently stopped watching them in the middle which is the ultimate criticism.

I think that if I were to tell the director that I stopped watching their movies, they would spit out whatever drink they just sipped...

or take a sip of whatever is nearby, and then spit it out.

This reminds me of the time that me and my wife walked out of a bunch of movies in a row at a theater. We walked out of "the grudge" after staying for about 10 minutes, then directly into "Ladder 59", stayed for about 30 minutes, and then decided all movies sucked and went home.

here is that list of movies that I have recently stopped in the middle of:

Mr. And Mrs. Smith, this was the biggest piece of overhyped tripe I have laid my eyes on.

Kingdom of Heaven, I found it hard to stop disliking Orlando Bloom at all times.

Rob Roy, I liked this movie but my DVD player wouldn't play the last half-hour.

The Thin Red Line, Was this movie a war movie or a nature documentary? I couldn't figure out this movie because they kept cutting to scenes of trees and whatnot and playing fruity music.

I plan to keep renting movies and then stopping them in the middle. In fact, this starts a new era of me stopping things prematurely. Books, blogs, magazine articles, songs, that half-destroyed angry bee's nest on my porch, cooking raw meat, etc.

You should be careful to talk to me about something entertaining or I will turn my back on you and walk away.

Let that be a warning to you all.

Comments:
When you are forced to finish something as demanding as a thesis and then have to DEFEND the damn thing, and then revise, repair, amend and add- to, just to say "It is finshed" (with a mental image of Jesus on the cross), it isn't hard to imagine that being able to just stop whereverthehell you want in a movie, book, etc. has a strong appeal. Even if it is subconscious.

On the other hand if I am ever being entertaining, please don't turn and walk away - it doesn't happen that often.
 
What was this post about, I quit reading half...screw this, I'm bored.
 
goose:
damn right.
 
my recollection is that you spent your childhood in a chronic state of spontanious narcolepsy. it seems that this entry is just a different way of manifesting that ailment.
 
maybe it's that your wife is rubbing off on you...as i will read a book up until the last chapter and never finish the damn thing? maybe it's a closure thing? hmmmm...i need to go think about this.
I think goostermon had some good points! i'm with him...you've earned the right to "whereverthehell" wheneverthehell you want! :)
 
Thanks, bean.

Let me add "Cannibal! the musical" to the list of movies not to finish. I rented it because it is by Trey Parker who may be one of the most comedicly talented men on the planet. This is not well known. It doesn't even show up in IMDB as one of his movies. Anyway, it was kind of funny, but not worth finishing. Maybe that was because I was suffering from back pain at the time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?