Friday, March 24, 2006

reply from ebay buyer

Here is the response from the ebay buyer. I doubt I will reply anytime soon or do much about it. I am busy moving to NA!

1. The picture of the item on the box is black. I, as anyone else, would have assumed that the item in the box was the same as the pictured item on the box. Yes, there is a sticker on the box, but in the picture from the auction, you con not make out what it says. Therefore I had no idea that the item was silver and not black. And because the item was listed as being new, I had no reason to question as to what the color really was.

2. Whether it came USPS or UPS is irrealivant other than USPS would be cheaper to send than UPS. You mentioned that it was a flat shipping charge and would be UPS. Hopefully you could see where I felt that I was over charged. Thank you for offering to return the difference, but it really isn't worth it.

3. The matter still stands that I have a silver keyboard and mouse with my black computer. Hence why I was purchasing a black keyboard and mouse. So how do we fix this?

Comments:
I would reply this way "go fuck yourself!"
 
Well, I couldn't decide whether to post this or not ... but here goes.

I have adopted a little principal that has really served me well and solves all of these kind of situations for me. Here it is:
If you are going to make a mistake, try to make it on the side of being too generous as opposed to too tight.

I would allow the return, or give all the money back and let him keep the stuff. Then you can feel good knowing you have taken the high road. You will for sure be the bigger man, and you can enjoy that feeling as opposed to using up all this negative energy.

This little axiom has served me so well that I always try to use it. I recommend it. Try it and see if it doesn't lead to your having a smoother happier life.

Sorry, I feel preachy ... but I want to be helpful. Perfectly fine to tell me to shut up.
 
goostermon, i really liked your response! i think that is so important to remember in the day and age where we are always trying to defend ourselves and be "right". i do understand tim's frustrations since this man gave him negative feedback before trying to right it with him first, but again with the high road...but man, it's hard to do sometimes! thanks for your post! it made me think about the way i react to things!
 
I'm a lot older than you guys, and I sometimes think I should just keep quiet. But you guys have been so nice to correspond with me, and I really like participating. Thanks.
 
B. melissa and I were discussing your theory last night.

In my defense, I usually try to do the right thing. I am for the most part honest and generous. But, I also believe in putting people in their place when they are jackasses.

As I have said, if he would have went about this the right way by not bringing up stupid stuff like using USPS instead of UPS, and giving me neg feedback before allowing me to correct the situation, I wouldn't have been such a hardass.

As for an update to this situation, my funds have been frozen at Paypal, because this guy is fighting me on it. We will see if I will be forced to take it back or not.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?