Monday, April 03, 2006

april fools

I recently decided to play an april fool's joke on myself. I decided that I was not going to cuss during the month of April. I have thought that I cuss too much for some time now, and then I read an article on msn.com that said that cussing is up something like 300% since the 60s. So, I thought I would do my part and try to be decent.

besides, I have always said that cussing gives people a reason to not listen to you, and I figured I should start living by it.

As for an update on the keyboard situation, the unreasonable jackfanny that I sent this to put in a grivence of some sort and they ruled in his favor. so now they are sending the keyboard back and i will give them their money back. I think I had a pretty good case as I explained it to Paypal, so now paypal has made my "horsemarm list".

I think I am going to stop buying things. Below is a list of companies I am going to boycott because they made me mad due to poor customer service or because they have bad products. I urge you to boycott them as well. In fact, avoid them like the plague.


Here is a list of brands/stores that have managed not to honk me off yet:


At some point, I may make a side bar to display good and bad companies. We can all contribute to them. That way, we can be informed buyers! Lets all start right now. Leave a comment if you want to cheer or jeer a company!

Comments:
i would like to jeer your website, ass-face.
 
a very good place for music, DVD's and books is www.half.com. They are so good that EBay bought them. It is not an auction but a place where you acn buy new or used in a variety of conditions. Sometimes just for yucks I buy a CD used for $2.00 that I otherwise would not buy at all. I've done this a bunch of times now, without a single bad experience. Once, I had an item not show up but the seller refunded my money, so no complaint.
 
Don't get a Toshiba laptop. Everyone with one at work had the hard drive crash within a 6 month period. That was a year ago so they might be better now, but I'll still avoid them.
 
I want everyone to know that I was the one who put that first comment up. I don't know why, I just did.

goose, sassmouth, good stuff, thanks.
 
i'm ready for a good ol' non-complaing post again :) no offense. i'm glad we are at least cheering some companies here.
and i'm relieved that you put the first post. when i read it i felt sad for you :) then i read you wrote it so i feel glad again...
 
i wish that i had been witty enough to post something like your first comment. i am sad for me, now.
 
Companies I praise:

Kirspy Kreme
Mc Donalds
Zesto
Dairy Queen
Jon's House o' Lard
Quachita's Chicken and Biskets

Companies I do not praise:
Subway
Gold's Gym
Curves (for women)
Green Giant
 
hey, gooster, I've really been thinking about you meeting Coop and I'm thinking, "why does this man not have a lovable pooch of his own?" They are perfect pooches! you could get one during the summer so your your wife would be home more for the pooch and you can love and adore him after work, before work, and on the weekends and Holidays, of course. If you go with a Golden it takes all of one or two weeks to potty train and their bladders are amazing! Coop never cried in his crate or ever for that matter...oh, geez..i've all but adopted one for you already! Anyway, I had to get that off my chest...as I've been thinking a lot about it...but i'm sure there are reasons for no-pooch-have'n that I don't know about :)
 
All good thoughts on pooch ownership ... Susan has wanted a dog forever. I've been the hold up as I stay REAL busy and would be a negligent Dog-Dad, without doubt. I would certainly be adoring, but not attentive enough. On the other hand, after having lunch, I am sure that we would agree to adopt YOUR WHOLE FAMILY! We love you all, immensely, and this is particularly interesting since the limited exposure and never actually meeting Coop. However, you have a fantastically beautiful family (inside and out - apparently)and we hope to see you again soon. Maybe if I come see Cooper, I'll be slain with dog-love and it will be all over.
 
yes, i think meeting coop will seal the deal and you will HAVE to have a pooch of your own! you know, they do make you live longer!? our dogs could be friends :)
you will really adopt all of us?! that would be swell! we eat a lot and require only the best of the best! ha! :)
thanks for the kind words! we think your fam is pretty darn great as well! especially that brad kid!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?