Friday, April 07, 2006

talking to cashiers

This will be my second blog about the same subject. I wrote a good one last night, and it is now lost forever due to blogspot's bumbling.

It went a little something like this:

I went to Meijer's late last night to get a cold-air humidifier for my little satchel-of-joy. I had an interesting conversation with the cashier there:

Upon entering the check-out area:

Me: Howdie-doo!
Her: Oh, fine. How ar yoo?
Me: Super-doop!

I like to be efficient when I talk. There was a certain rhythm to this conversation that made it almost poetic. actually when i look at it, it is a haiku. (3-5-3 or 5-7-5 right?)

I also saw some vomit splattered on the ground in the parking lot. It always is odd to see vomit in a public place. What happened to the poor guy who had to vomit at meijer’s? Was it that urgent that he had to let it fly right there? I know personally, when I have to puke, I have a at least 30 minutes warning.

I think the summer of 2004 I puked 2 weekends in a row as a result of copious drinking.

What a good summer!

I had another conversation the day before with someone at Best-Buy. I wanted to tell the cashier that I had a good experience with the salesman there.

Me: I know you aren’t a manager, but I thought I would tell you that John was very nice and helpful….
Her: I will tell him.
Me: … and handsome.
Her: … I will make sure to tell him.

I don’t know if she could tell I was kidding. She didn’t give me any indication that she did.

Wife and I had a delightful lunch with Goostermon and his wife. Good times were had by all. He loves Cooper. Who doesn’t?

Comments:
The afoementioned lunch made me happy for about a day and a half without stopping. Then, I took a three day class on investing and that diverted my mind, temporarily. You guys have a really nice family and you made me have that smooth good feeling that comes from being around people who love each other. Alex is amazing (duh) as if you didn't know.

Fooie ... there will come days when your wife is holding your daughter and the light will hit them just right when they are sitting or laughing or cuddling ... and Coop will be by you and and it's a warm spring day .... and you will KNOW the meaning of life - and true, soul deep happiness. When it happens, man, snag that and don't let go FOR ANYTHING! That moment will sustain you later, someday, when you really need it. You are blessed, buddy. And they are blessed to have you, too. Cool.
 
goostermon, you make my heart smile.
 
hey, that's my line!
 
You first conversation is like a Ned Flanders/Homer Simpson conversation:

Flanders: Howdy do?
Homer: Shut up flanders!
Flanders: Okily Dokily
 
Reading these comments makes me miss seeing Melissa, Alex and Coop. Move back soon.
 
after re-reading your comment, i think you are right. i do have a great family and i love them very much. i am glad people can see that.

i will do as you say.
 
i miss you too sassmouth! i was just telling fooie that! actually i tellhim that a lot!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?