Tuesday, May 02, 2006

16 hours a fucking week

Sorry I haven’t written in such a long time, but I have some EBay feedback shenanigans in the workings so spectacularly hilarious it will make you question everything you thought you knew.

I also apologize for this: today’s blog requires an extraordinary amount of cussing.

For the past month or so, I have been making the fucking commute to Indianapolis to work from New Albany. It is a 2 hour one-way fucking drive. This means that I drive 4 hours a mother-fucking day. I usually put in about 9-10 hour days 4 times a week and take one day off so I can fuck-off and act like I don’t have to drive for 4 fucking hours a day. This amounts to driving about 16 hours a fucking week. I think I made it to Sarasota, Florida in less than 14 hours, for the love of fuck! I am getting fucking sick of it. I also have to spend about half of my fucking paycheck on fucking peice-of-shit gas.

Whew, I am glad that is over.

You see, I am in New Albany for a limited time while the wife takes nursing classes for a year. My parents are graciously taking care of the wee-one. It was my sacrifice to live in New Albany during this time and commute to work, a sacrifice that I have come to find is akin to being drug over carpet tacks.

***hold on, I was such a smartass to a person that came up to my desk right now I am sure it didn't really happen. Someone whom I have never met before came up and asked me where a co-worker was, and I said:

"I don't know. He has been gone all week and he didn't tell me where he went. And that hurts me to think how inconsiderate that was."

I am not sure if the guy understood my sarcasm or not.

Back to the story:
My only salivation came in the form of a house I was thinking of buying in Indianapolis. It wasn’t a terrible idea as we knew we would be moving back anyhow. And the house I wanted to buy was in fairly bad shape and therefore reduced in price, so I should be able to offset the amount of money I spend this year on a mortgage, and then some. Long story short, it ain’t going to happen. When that dream died it put me in a state of melancholy so morose lately that I had to watch Schindler’s List to cheer up.

So, that is where I am at people. If I see you, I hope I don’t throw myself off of a bridge right after we make eye contact.

Comments:
Derby weekend should cheer you up that is until you lose money picking losers. Luckily, you've picked winners as your friends to go to the derby with.

Maybe we can work something out with you staying more than once a week at our house.
 
What happened with the house? Maybe you could see if Joh Titor could help you get to Indy any faster.
 
first of all, i'm so fucking sorry you have to endure that much time on the road. second, way to take one for the team in making the sacrifice for your wife's education!

the funny thing is, she actually just emailed me today about the possibility of renting a room out in this notorious house! bummer it won't happen.

hang in there!
 
i lived for a year or so sleeping at a friends apt in my big blue chair. i hear mikes name in your future....
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Originally Goostermon commented the follwing comment, but i removed it and reposted without his email. let this be a lesson to you all.

Sorry I had not read this before lunch yesterday, Fooie. Man, that sucks. I hope you find something here, as opposed to finding a chair to sleep in in Indy.

Maybe I can help. Send me an email with some particulars on a job that would keep you here local ... not the dream job .. I'm not connected in your field. I mean just a job to pay the bills and keep you from all that travel until the right job comes along.

email erased.

I still enjoyed your company. It was also good to see Bean. Can't get enough of the offspring, of course - always love being with that feller.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?