Monday, May 22, 2006

One-horse pony

Sometimes I think of some of the most random things:

Bleach, my wife, and I were at a bar about 3 years ago. I went to the bathroom, and there was a line. I tried to peak around the line to see what the hold-up was, and asked no one in particular, something like, "Should we go in?"

One of the guys said, "Naw, this is a one-horse pony".

No one, including the guy who said it, seemed to notice how utterly nonsensical that statement was. My thought was that he was trying to communicate that only one person at a time could use the bathroom. I think he was thinking of the popular “one-horse town” saying, but got confused when he started thinking deeply that neither horses nor towns were germane to the bathroom hold-up. Or maybe he was just an idiot.

Of course, I didn't say anything. Who knows what a guy like that is capable of?

Congratulations to Mindy G who recently got married!

Comments:
I think he took the saying "one trick pony" and "one horse town" and combined them somehow.

Turns out Barbaro is a one trick pony.
 
I never thought about "one-trick-pony".

that makes my blog much less funny. thanks for ruining it.
 
werd

i tried to call you but couldn't get ahold of you. call me tonight.
 
There's nothing worse than a "one trick pony" in a "one horse town".
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?