Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Useful mug

I have a useful mug that I use at work. I use it sometimes twice a day (oatmeal in the morn’, soup at lunch). I stole it from a friend (Steven S) in college because he made loud farting noises in the dorm hall when I was using the public restroom*.

It is useful to have at work because I have to walk to the break-room (100 yds*) and a deep, handled receptacle is much easier to handle then a bowl or poncho (arms sealed). Plus, it really shows off my enthusiasm for Campbell’s soup.

I grow attached to many things that I still have from college. Many things did not make it. I had a pretty impressive set of coffee mugs that I wish I still had. Oddly enough, I still have about 50 packets of sweet-n-low that I inherited from a sub-letter in 1998.























Anyway, this mug is very handsome AND handy, but it has two flaws: (not counting those menacing dwarves pictured on the front, that sometimes ruin my eating experience)

1) Campbell’s soup will not fit in this mug.

Can you believe this? This is a mug that proudly displays Campbell’s soup on the front, and I assume is best enjoyed with Campbell’s soup inside. Yet, an entire can of soup (plus 1 can water) will not fit!

An abomination!

2)When I put it in the microwave with soup in it, it jumps around.

That is right. It kinda “skips”, like it is being bumped (lightly) by an unseen hand. It is loud, it clanks around in the microwave like it is possessed**. I don’t know why it does that. At first, I thought there was water trapped somewhere, and it was being released when it was boiled off, but that surely couldn’t happen more than once.

Every day, a new person in the break-room tells me to take it out. Sometimes, when I leave the room, they will turn it off, but lately I have stayed there to guard it. I really like to push the envelope.

I usually stand away from the microwave, and I sometimes envision a full explosion that rips the microwave door off and a tremendous fireball leaps out of the microwave and flies across the room and smashes the door into splinters. Women screaming, children crying, the sprinklers going off, the whole nine-yards.

That would really liven my work day.


*A complete fabrication
** are the evil dwarves to blame?

Comments:
i'd probably be one of those ppl telling you to take it out of the microwave... i mean, it really could explode!
 
I know.
I am a death-defying madman.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?