Monday, November 27, 2006

Dell Customer Care

I am looking to buy a laptop as a present for someone. I want to make sure that I can return it if that person doesn't like it. I just "chatted" with customer care at Dell* to get the 411 on their return policy.

This is our conversation, copy and pasted from the chat window thing. (I did delete some time stamps and names to make it easier to read). It is kinda silly. As you may know, Dell outsources all of their customer care to India. I made sure to use some local dialect and make generally confusing and non-sequitur remarks so I could see him squirm. unfortunatly, he was very professional and polite.

'================================================================


Inital Question: what is your return policy?

BE_Rep_Laarni has joined this session!

Connected with BE_Rep_Laarni

Laarni:Welcome to Dell Sales Chat. My name is Laarni, I'll be your personal sales agent today. Give me a moment to review your concern. Please don't go away.

Laarni:hi Tim.

ME:hi.

ME:i won't go away.

(long pause)

ME:feel free to chat at anytime guy.

Laarni:Consumer and EPP Customers with systems invoicing between November 25th to December 25th will be allowed to return their product any time up to January 15th.

ME:is the return shipping on my nickel?

Laarni:January 15th is 21 days past December 25th.

ME:or dime?

Laarni:what do you mean?

ME:Do i have to pay return shipping?

(long pause)

ME:anytime is fine.

Laarni:All other Return Restrictions still apply (Restocking Fee, troubleshooting if applicable, etc…)

Laarni:Customers will still be responsible for restocking fee and freight.

ME:can you be more specific?

ME:how much is the restocking fee?

ME:and freight.

ME:?

ME:can I take it back at my local Wal-mart?

ME:They have everything.

Laarni:ok regarding that you may need to contact our customer care chat or phone.

ME:I thought that you were customer care chat.

Laarni:oh im in sales chat.

ME:If you had to guess, would Wal-mart take my computer in as a return?

Laarni:no.

ME:but one time they let me take something back there, and they didn't even carry it!

(extremely long pause)

Laarni:was I able to address your concern?

ME:I think I will go to Wal-Mart right now!

ME:have a fab day. I'll tell cooper hello for you.

THE END

* BTW, I pretty well hate Dell. I am not sure why I called at all. I guess I wanted to see what the most popular computer maker's return policy is so I can better judge their competion. I do not condone buying a computer from them at all. If you are getting a computer, do yourself a fav and do not get a Dell. (try best buy) While the hardware is of good quality and cheap, their customer care is total horseshit. after you buy one you are treated like crap.

Comments:
LOL

You should have had Cooper talk to him.
 
Dear Foo, after reading this I squirted milk out of my nose.
love,
Foo
 
just FYI - I can get a 12% discount on Dell through my wizork. This is in addition to any offers they gots going.
 
me too at jasmins work thats how we got ours and its pretty good
 
hilarity most definitely ensued
 
That's all we buy at work too.

And my work is the Navy, so that's quite a few.
 
bid D. What is the Login and Password for your blog.
 
Maybe I didn't ask correctly.

bigD Trach Bang Blog subscribe password. pnp
 
lol!
you forgot assveal.
 
I stand by the fact that Dell Customer service sucks.
 
bleach n sheets...laughable

bean was right,

stoked for both
 
you guys are so cute with your little languages and such.

tee hee!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?