Tuesday, November 07, 2006

liquor cabinet

I have built a bragable 4 peices of furniture in the past 6 years. It is something I enjoy doing as a hobby, and the quality is superior to what you find in stores. I can also build something for a fraction of the store cost. In fact, we have been so po' in the past few years, I am sure we would have never went out and bought that kind of stuff. So building my own furniture it is a cheap alternative, and it keeps me from laying around on the weekends and eating pudgey pies.

I have built a large (3'x5' desktop!) computer desk (hardwood plywood and veneer), a lingere dresser (walnut), a king-size head board (walnut), and a bookshelf (oak) . Someday I will post them all so everyone will be reminded of how talented I am when they open up my blog.

I found out that I think I am going to try hard to build this fetching liquor cabinet this over the 2 weeks I am taking off in Decemeber. It will look really good with the rest of our furnature in our storage garage. I won't be able to finish it, but I should be able to get alot done. I can finish it up on the weekends after that.






















This one is oak, but I am building mine out of cherry. It should be as regal as Coop is glamerous. Hopefully I won't cut a rabbet in my finger this time. (a story for another day)

Comments:
its good to see that you can laugh about your pain.
 
pnp regarding lingerie whatnot

you should sell your furniture on ebay. I would bid at least $5 for an entertainment center.
 
that is a strong endorsement. you may have changed my life.

what does 'pnp' mean?
 
post
nude
pics
 
It says a lot about a person that they use an acronym for "post nude pics" and expect others to know what it means.

A liquor cabinet sounds like a fun project. Remember to use a "Poosh" (push) stick when working the power saw so you don't get your finger chopped off.
 
i thought it was a semiconductor joke that i didnt get
 
I wish I was using a poosh stick the night that my finger got ruined.

thank you paulie for helping to take me to the hospital.

bean, we should trade know-how. you can tute me on how to make clever actuators and such for halloween, and maybe some php stuff like we always talk about.

i can teach you how to make some nice joints and even some in your flesh.
 
subscribe joints

subscribe pooshtang
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?