Tuesday, April 24, 2007

4/25 is Malaria awareness day

Please be aware of malaria today. If you are reading this on Tuesday, please be aware of it tomorrow.

Link to CNN article and interview with Ashley Judd, your favorite glamorous movie star and proponent of Malaria treatment/prevention in African Countries.

From what I read 90* African children die a day, and if you go here or here****, you can give only $10 and provide a bed net to a family that helps prevent infection**. That is only a little more than a Qudoba burrito with guac and a large drink that I sometimes get at lunch.

please join me in donating a small amount of money that can save lifes! WWJD?

I know for a fact that Cooper is on board of the celeb bandwagon and is going to be on Larry King on Wednesday. WWCD?

* 3x the amount of people dead in the recent VT tradgey***
**The effectiveness is not stated but I have to assume that it is signifigant.
*** I am not making light of this, like this douchebag did.
**** Please do not let the presence of Ryan Seacrest on this site dissuade you from a nobel deed.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?