Tuesday, September 18, 2007

car advice

hello.

I drive a 2001 standard cab F150. It is a salvage, and it shakes like the dickens, as though it has an unbalanced tire when at driveway speeds. I have asked around, and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with it. It has been wrecked and had frame damage, so I tend to think that the frame is to blame. I dunno. It is also close quarters for a daily 20 mile commute with a toddler (adn gear), and isn't exactly easy on the gas.

This has made me want to get a new car. I have wanted a new car for at least 4 years, when I sold my old elicipse gsx, which was quite dope, to have money to go to grad school. However now I may be able to afford a new car payment within a year from now.

I ask the peanut gallery for suggestions.
here is what I am looking for, some what prioritized (some of which may be mutually exclusive)

1) sporty suspention
2) 4 doors
3) decent gas milage (20/27 or better)
4) sporty engine
5) less than $25k new (but i will buy used)
6) handsome appearance

and of course, reliable, which is kind of understood.

all of these point to a mazda speed6, which violate 3 and get too close to violating 5 for me. plus, they look kinda clumsy.

any thoughts?

UPDATE
I just read some article of sporty compacts and they ranked them thusly:
1) mazda speeed3
2) subaru WRX TR (my initials are in there! bonus!)
3) Honda accord si
4) mini Cooper si (named after the glam celeb, of course)
5) VW GTI
6) Chevy Cobalt SS
7) Dodge box on logs

Comments:
as long as the CAR doesn't violate you...that would be awkward.
 
#2 is a cool car and fast as snot.
#4 will get you kicked out of the family plus you will have to start hanging around gay bars.
#6 - didnt you learn your lesson with the caviler?

what about some of the new dodge throwback vehicles, like the charger? i think its quite nice? or are they too big?
 
I love my subaru.
 
chargers are too big, but i agree would be dope. I also totally agree with your #4 and #6 assertion.


i think the WRX sti is the super-high preformance model. I think the TR (or just the WRX) is lower. i dunno. alls I know is there is a lower and higher end WRX and one is closer to this class and the higher one is much higher preformance and competes with the mitsi evo.

in fact, the gas milage on #1 and (i assume) #2 are kinda high.


gotta go.
 
I've heard the mazdas are one of the least safe. I wanted one of those and then was told that.
Have you thought of one of those new saturn auras.
i test drove one. very sharp
 
hmmm, haven't been thinking of that. I would be interested to see a good website with honest independent testing of safty.

anyone know of a good source?
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
here is a comment from goostermon, which i erased and reposted becasue the comment contained his email address, which he is rather flippant about broadcasting to every spam robot on the internet.

This is goostermon ... posting anonymously because blogger won't recognize my password.

The best source (my opinion) for used car info is edmunds.com.

Long time no talk, fooie ... how goes the new gig? reply to cooperlover@coopthepooch.com, if you care to.

I have often felt the stirrings of the Glam Life of Cooper the Dog virus in my brain. So far, I have refused to give in ... but, maybe, just maybe, a new episode may be on the horizon. If you don't write one, I may not have a choice.

Your entire family is so beautificious that it kind of freaks me out sometimes. Good for you.

I have been checking in from time to time, but no blogging going on, for me for a long time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?