Wednesday, October 03, 2007

this blog is 100% about killer robots

Starting in May, I decided to start doing push-ups before I went to bed every day. My goal was to do 75 in a row by July 4th, which was an easy date to remember and an obtainable goal. I remember starting that day doing 10 push-ups, then being laughed at by my wife. I also remember being sore the next day, which brought more mocking by my wife.

Last night for the first time in my life, I did 100 push-ups in a row. Good for me. Thank you to all who supported me on this journey to hell and back. I couldn’t have done it without you.

In all seriousness, I think that is a big improvement in 4 months, and I am proud of myself.
I like having routines and habits like this. It makes me feel like I am not a total goldbricker and increases my self-image, which often is low due to my inability to form friendships and feel these so-called “emotions”.

Speaking of habits, I am starting to brush my teeth at work after lunch. It is part of a new hygiene initiative that is a three-prong strategy that also includes singing the happy birthday song while washing my hands to make sure I wash them long enough, and shaking three times instead of your more standard two.

This topic reminds me about an incident in a class in college. In those days, professors would go around the room and ask the students to say their name and interests. This professor in particular asked each student to tell the class something interesting about themselves. One enthusiastic young lady told the class that she brushed her teeth NINE times a day. The best part was that she said it so cavalierly, as though she didn’t say something as equally crazy as “the voices in my head make me brush nine times a day”. Another doofus admitted that he saw Star Wars: Phantom Menace more than 10 times in the theater. Yet another doofus said he was born underwater. That doofus was me, and it was my default lie about myself that I used in that kind of situation so I would seem interesting to my classmates. Suckers!

So now you all know that I invent habits for myself and I am also a filthy liar.

Don’t you dare judge me.

also, killer robots are scary as fuck. think about it.

Labels:


Comments:
In honor of this post, I just went in the other room, where there is carpet, to see how many push-ups I can do. I can do zero push-ups the boy way, and 8 push-ups the girl way. I am going to set a goal of 50 girl push-ups in a row by New Years Day. You are an inspiration to us all.
 
tara, i admire your goal! good luck. i have heard tim a grunting many a night working on those damn push ups! hee hee! keep us posted on the progress! i told tim he needs to rename the blog because i think it turns off readers. for example, i did not read it until he told me it was not about robots at all...that it was just the title. then i read it and laughed. but i wouldn't have if i had known. and the underwater thing is true. he told us all that at the camp we worked and met each other at. i thought that was so unique and cool....our relationship is formed on lies, all lies. ha!
 
tara, visit my blog sometime
meljofauchier.blogspot.com
if tim was a good husband he'd add a link to his blog for mine. but he is bad.
 
she isn't kidding folks. I AM bad. I beat her almost non-stop.
 
That's a good accomplishment. You're starting to resemble Harold Crick from "Stranger than Fiction" though with all the counting routines.
 
I have been on vacation in New Albany, and I forgot all about doing my push-ups because my baby is kinda sick. I just tried doing some, and I did 10! Two more than last time without even trying! I'll get to 50 in no time.

Melissa, I will visit your blog. It probably has a lot less cussing and fewer lies than this one.
 
i am glad to see that someone is catching on.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?