Saturday, March 08, 2008

home made knee wraps

I made some ice-pack-holding-knee-wraps. now that I am training for a mini-marathon, I need to make sure to keep the inflammation down in my knees.

Why make your own knee wraps? I refuse to spend upwards of $50* (per knee) on what is no more then material and velcro, both of which we have laying around at work.

My wife made some quick-and-dirty ones, that didn't really work real well. At the time, I didn't know how to use a sewing machine (or how it works, wow!) Last night I busted out the sewing machine, and sat down and watched three movies and made these bad boys.

here is a picture of one on my desk. the darker black are strips of velcro, and there is two pockets that hold cold-packs with goo in them (you can see the white tops of the goo-bags poking out the top of the pockets like little prairie dogs). the tapered part on the right allows me to start wrapping at the backside of my knee which makes it easier to start. the material is a stretchy synthetic of some sort with a urethane coating (which is why it is shiny). The two independent strips on the left allow one wrap all the way around my knee, and I can cradle my kneecap so it stays on better.



here is a picture of me putting them on. they don't look like much, but they work pretty well. Again, the white stuff poking out the top are the goo bags.





*http://coolrelief.net/ik.html

Comments:
Those look pretty professional. I didn't expect that they'd look that good. Kinda awesome!
 
this post does not contain the minimum daily allotment of petulance or lithe back-sass. nor does it relate in any way to the glam pooch. please review and resubmit.
 
I pretty well agree with all of that.

i'd say this blog had 50% less sassmouth!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?