Saturday, March 22, 2008

updates on work experiment **UPDATED**

rememeber this blog?
I DID put some wacky phrases on white boards throughout my office. There wasn't much fanfare, but I got a chuckle nontheless.

1) "Call Gern Blanston". I put this baby up in a conference room amid numerous notes and drawings. I wrote it with my left hand in case anyone was slick enought to try to figure it out. It stayed up for about 2 weeks and eventually was erased. I didn't hear anybody say anything about it, so I doubt anyone noticed or cared about it. Moving on.

here is a picture that i took with my cell phone and emailed to myself on 4.1.08.






2) "Extenders (non-meat)" I put this up in the break-room, which I thought was fitting b/c of the mention of meat. It was the only phrase on a newly-cleaned white board. It was erased in less than 12 hours, which kind of made me nervous.

3) "Twine-Thrust" in a little box with a arrow pointing to some stuff that was already up there. This was up on our main conference room, where many people high in the organization sometimes hang out. During a meeting with about 30 people in it, someone pointed to a portion of the board right next to it, and I got so nervous and gitty that i almost crapped my pants. Man, I really shouldn't have put that up there. It was erased about 3 days later. It looked like someone just wanted to wipe away a small space to draw something small. kinda awesome.

4) "Consult Dr. Cooper"- This one was kind of dicey b/c many people at work know my dog's name. After this was up I stopped this little immature game because I started getting scared someone would figure me out.

It was a good run. I was hoping I would hear someone ask another person what one of these phrases mean. Actually, that might be a bad thing, because I would probably laugh out loud and show my guilt. At any rate, b/c of my coworkers poor awareness, I am going to suggest that my boss fire them all and he and I run the ship.

Now that I have been there for almost a year, I am getting pretty bold with my pranks and office humor.

Here is some more office hijinks:

on our paper shredder, there is a picture of a baby with a line through it. I suppose that is meant to tell people not to let kids shred paper. I put a post-it note on it that said "NO SHREDDING BABIES!" This was taken down by the time I came in the next day. WTF?

I very rarely take a form seriously. For a while, when I would reserve a conference room, I'd put "nap-time" for the reason it was being used. I just recently put "going to Neverland Ranch" when I asked off for vaction time. When my boss would ask me to technically evaluate a product or technology we could incorporate into our designs, I'd write back to him and all the engineers looking at it "this idea is a heap of horse-shit", or " A monkey with a doo-doo stick could create a better design". I made that last one up. That would be awesome if I did that, though.

Comments:
It would be better if we had visuals of this! I need pictures of the Whiteboard please.
 
i know!
i have one on my camara phone but i don't know how to get it off.
 
i figured it out. you can email from your phone. i didn't know that.

anyway, i guess it is obvious that i posted it.
 
whenever i send in requests for information from companies i use a fake name so that mine doesnt get put on call lists and such. at my old job, we used the name "fred montgomry". now i use "john thomson". you should fill out some cards with gern's name and start getting literature sent to the office with his name on it. you could have quite a bit of fun with that.
 
I can only imagine that meeting with 30 people. You must have been a little nervous.
 
paulie,
that comment inspired me to program Gern Blanston's name and number into the phonebook on the conference call phone in our main conference room today during a meeting.
 
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?