Sunday, November 16, 2008

Which Bedside Table Should I Make? UPDATED AGAIN!!!!

Hello there.

I plan on making 2 bedside tables this Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday.
As you can see in this ongoing post, which documents all of my furniture projects, I have already made 2 peices out of White Walnut: my head board, and a lingerie dresser for my wife.

I would like these to match those two peices as close as possible, in style, wood type, and finish, while also looking good by it's self. I found the following pictures on the www (which is my typical MO when making a new peice) and I plan to make one just like these. I'd like everyone's opinion, and you can vote for a number in the comments.

I will be using Black Walnut (my dad is out of White Walnut) and finishing to match my other two peices the best I can. Please don't consider the finish and wood type. If you need a reference, the 5th one looks most like the wood and finish I will be using. You'll notice these all look about the same. This is true. I picked them out because they look like the would match the lingerie dresser I already did. ( my next peice will probably be a chest-of-drawers to match everything!)

My opinions are in the comments.

1)



2)

3)






4)






5)












UPDATE***************************************************


Instead of working for about 2 hours today at work, I modeled up my vision for this peice, which I will put dimensions on at some point.


Thank you Google Sketch-up!


Here are some highlights showing the top detail and the overall peice:


bedside table 3d drawing





top left edge



UPDATE 2:
update 2, shows chamfered legs, thicker styles on the face frame, and pulls.

Labels:


Comments:
I like number 1
 
none of them, and both.

to match your existing suite, you need the curved lower details & legs of #3 (picks up the curves of your headboard), the top detail of #4 (match your ling/dress), the side panel detail of #1 (ditto), & full overlay drawer faces & pulls (ditto).
 
I like number 1 as well.
 
for some reason my original comment isn't here!

I think paul is correct about all of that.

except the side panel detail, which should be more like 3.
 
you need the curve of the 3's side to reflect your bed, with the horizontal rail of 1 to reflect the ling/cab
 
I like 1 and 3
 
The legs and top of 3 are nice. I'd go with penis shaped drawer pulls on melissa's and maybe breasts for yours. They add a classy finishing touch.
 
that IS classy!

I have already started making this badboy.

expect a post soon!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?