Monday, April 27, 2009

Making a Garden

Dearest all,

I had a terribly difficult weekend. I started what I thought was going to be a three hour job making a very small garden. I went to the Home Depot to get some landscaping timbers and some topsoil because I wanted to raise the garden up out of my terrible soil, which is nothing but clay and rocks.

The clay and rocks meant a tough time digging, and 3 hours became 15 or so. In the sun. I got sun-burned, kinda dehydrated, really sore, and a really-really exhasted.

My exhastion left me confused all day at work. I couldn't complete sentences. I couldn't focus. I would drop important objects. I kept missing my mouth with my sandwich and got it in my eyes.

My sunburned shoulders made me real paranoid and flinchy around my coworkers (there are alot of unsolisited back rubs at work).

Also, I ran into someone I haven't seen in about 6 months and called him "Rodger". His real name is "Al", which he reminded of me right away. Who is Rodger? I don't think I have ever met a Rodger in my life. Why did I call him that? It was a confusing day.

The icing on this painful cake is how pitiful and small this garden looks. When I look at it, it makes my heart sad.








I should get some more plants.

Comments:
If you are going to do something, you might as well do it right, and you are off to a good start. The hard part is done. Get a few more plants and the rest is gravy.
 
5 gallons of gasoline applied properly will make you feel much better about your experience.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?