Sunday, February 21, 2010

LEGOS!!!

Hello all,

I am very happy to report that the eldest of our brood has moved on to actual Legos. not Duplos (baby-sized legos), the real thing.

I realized it was time about 2 week ago, so I splerged on about 1000 pieces on ebay. They were all very small (but hard to find) pieces (see octangle-shaped box below), and I decided that Sunday morning that we were going to the Lego Store that day to get some more basic shapes.

We dropped about $110 and we got everything seen below (including a Darth Vader minifig keychain for dad that Alex is holding)

So, $110 buys everything you see below. Those contansters on top of the boxes are included in that.



You see, this marks a very important milestone at our household. This can very well be a new era where dad doesn't have to color fairy coloring books, play candyland, or be dressed as a princess.

we dumped them all in this larger contanster, and Alex lovingly laid her head on them (as I would do as a 4 year old (I did it later that day)).

I made a sweet house, but I didn't want to take a picture of it. I also remembered the most frustrating part about playing with legos, which is hunting for the right part. I'd say half of my time is spend looking for parts rather than building.

That is a life lesson, I guess.



Here she is bobbing for Legos.



Sam watched us for a while. He liked all the activity and color, but hated the sound of digging through a giant tub of Legos.

You gotta take the good with the bad, Sam.

That is a life lesson, I guess.




Here is Alex talking to Grandpa. I Don't know why, but I like this picture. She looks very "Adult" in this picture. I guess she is growing up.



So, in summary, Legos are fucking awesome.
The End.

Comments:
You're right about spending half the time finding pieces. I guess patterning your brain to recognize colors and shapes is part of the fun.

That is a life lesson, I guess.

I have that same keychain here at my desk except darth lost his left hand in my pocket long ago. Ironic because in the movie he cut off luke's hand.
 
i feel uncomfortable reading such a wonderful post about children to have it end with an f-bomb.

damnit
 
I agree with paulie.

Sam is getting big!
 
theres probably a life lesson in that
 
I liked the F-Bomb.

Dude, you should see some of the stuff Ben used to make with legos. I think he made an artificial heart once. Seriously though, he made a remote control car when we were 9 or 10. I would always build the same tired ass star ship over and over. With those red antennea off the back.

I look forward to playing legos with Alex soon.
 
I agree with Bleach...any time you put a F-bomb with the word "awesome" it automatically makes a blog post a classic read.
 
thanks for the support, guys.

I think an F-bomb, when well placed, can turn a mediocre blog into one that is slightly less so.
 
you are too cute, my hubby ;) how did i get so lucky! i bet you will miss being dressed up as a princess!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?